Updating from 2.x to 3.x Firmware
Important, please read before updating!
IF YOU USE A FIRMWARE LOWER THAN VERSION 2.3sp3 IT'S STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO UPDATE TO FIRMWARE VERSION 2.3sp3 FIRST.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DON'T install the 3.0 Firmware in the recovery Mode of the hardware factory reset when you come from a 2.x Version!!!
Please note the gateways use DHCP per default in V3!
Since substantial changes have been made between the 2.3 Firmware and the new 3.0 Firmware, the update process needs a little more attention than usual.
To perform a successful update and to keep your current configuration intact, it is strongly recommended to perform the following steps:
- First of all update to 2.3sp3 version
- Backup your gateway configuration (Management->Backup and Restore)
- Reboot the gateway
- Update to the new 3.0 Firmware (Management->Firmware Update)
- Perfom a factory reset (Management->Reboot/Reset)
- Restore your gateway configuration (Management->Backup and Restore)
The gateway may not be in a fully functioning state until the factory reset has been performed.
The current stable 3.0 firmware can be downloaded here: 3.0.10.
The changelog can be viewed here: http://wiki.beronet.com/index.php/Releasenotes#3.0_STABLE_-_Firmware