Howto Hardware Factory Reset
This Howto describes how to do a factory reset on a berofix device. This could be useful in case of a lost password or in any case where you lost the connection to the berofix device. This Feature works only with Firmware Version > 1.12 and FPGA image Version >= 3. The Hardware Factory Reset deletes all data on the berofix device incl. the firmware and restores the default values. There are 8 steps howto initiate the Hardware Factory Reset.
- 1. Power off the card/device.
- 2. In case of a card remove the card from your computer. In case of a Box check if you can access the PCM connector on the rear from the outside, otherwise open the box.
- 3. Card:Short the two pins horizontal with a jumper ( the yellow marked rectangle see Picture below). Box: Short the two pins vertically with a jumper (the yellow marked rectangle see Picture below)
- 4. In case of a Box Power up the device or in case of a card plug the card in your computer and power up the device.
- 5. After you power up the device the berofix should be reachable again with the default IP address 10.0.0.2. or a new IP-address. Open your Browser with the address and wait until you get a response from the berofix (this could take a couple of minutes. see picture below).
- 6. Press the Firmware-Update button (see picture above).
- 7. Install the new Firmware (see picture below).
- 8. Power Down the device and remove the Jumper.
- 9. Power Up the device. The device is now Ready with factory defaults.